The tour consists of two parts…
- View and discuss the Columbus Airport’s fire truck and all its components
- Demonstrate the firefighter’s uniform and equipment
- Demonstrate the fire truck spraying water
- Tour the General Aviation Terminal (Flightways Columbus) and ramp area
- See and discuss a variety of airplanes (Jet & Piston)
- View and discuss the fuel trucks and all their components
- Tour an aircraft hangar
- Q&A of aviation topics ranging from careers, to aircraft types and parts, airport, and etc.
Boxed Lunch Option
Participants have the option to purchase a boxed lunch for $5 to eat after the tours completion. Lunches include: a sandwich (either ham & cheese, turkey & cheese, or PB&J), one bag of regular chips, and a juice box. We have three designated areas available for participants to eat their lunches: an observation deck with seating, a lawn area if a picnic style lunch is preferred (both locations are outside next to the General Aviation Terminal), or Propellers restaurant located inside the Commercial Terminal.
The minimum age requirement is 4 years of age. The maximum amount of participants for any tour is 30 participants. Shoes must be closed toe/heel and flat.
For additional safety and tour information download this PDF.
Required Waiver and Release.